CADWELD® PLUS connections offer all the benefits of conventional CADWELD® connections:
Current carrying capacity equal to or greater than that of the conductor
- Withstand repeated fault currents without failing during operation
- Permanent, molecular bond that will not loosen or corrode, resulting in a connection with a lifetime equal to that of the installation
- Join copper to copper, copper to galvanized or plain steel, copper to copper clad steel, copper to bronze/ brass/stainless steel, steel to steel, etc.
- No external power or heat source required
- Quality Assurance Inspection is easy and visual
- Minimal installation training required
- Exceed requirements of “IEEE® Std 837- Std. for Qualifying Permanent Connections Used In Substation Grounding”
The CADWELD® process is a method of making electrical connections of copper-to-copper or copper-to-steel in which no outside source of heat or power is required. In this process, conductors are prepared, placed in a purpose-designed graphite mold, and exothermically welded to produce a permanent electrical connection.
The CADWELD exothermic process is a system. Materials from other manufacturers should not be mixed or matched with CADWELD molds or welding material.
- CADWELD Molds for Cable to Cable Welded Electrical Connection
- CADWELD Molds for Cable to Ground Rod Welded Electrical Connection
- CADWELD Molds for Cable to Lug Welded Electrical Connections
- CADWELD Molds for Cable to Busbar Welded Electrical Connections
- CADWELD Busbar Molds
- CADWELD Molds for Busbar to Steel Surface Welded Electrical Connections
- CADWELD Molds for Cable to Rebar Welded Electrical Connections
- CADWELD Molds for Cable to Rail Welded Electrical Connections
- CADWELD Molds for Cast Ground Plates, Receptacles & Studs Welded Electrical Connections
- CADWELD Mold Materials, Tools & Accessories